SWIM SASK EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR MESSAGE TO THE MEMBERSHIP
- Feb 19, 2021: Letter Members #8: Updates to Re-Open Plan
- Feb 18, 2021: Template for Club Return to Swimming Plan (MS-Word Doc)
- Nov. 26, 2020: Letter to Members #7 (new restrictions).
- Nov. 20, 2020: Return to Swimming: Version 4
- Nov. 13, 2020: Letter to members #6
- Nov 12, 2020: Version 2 Updated Protocol for Positive COVID-19 Case within Club
- Oct 30 ,2020: Updated Protocol for Positive COVID-19 cases
- Oct. 15, 2020: Letter to members #5.
- August 7, 2020: Return to Sport: Swimming - Version 3 UPDATED
- June 23, 2020: Return to Swimming – version 2: includes Outdoor pools
- June 16, 2020: Return to Swimming – version 1: Outdoor dryland training and Open Water
- Jun. 5, 2020: COVID 19 LETTER to MEMBERS #4
- April 24, 2020: LC ManSask (July) cancelled.
- April 24, 2020: Letter to members #3
- March 27, 2020: Letter to Members #2
- Mar. 13, 2020: Letter to Members #1
- Mar. 12, 2020: ManSask (March) cancelled.
SWIMMING CANADA UPDATES
- Nov. 10, 2020: COVID-19 Return to Swimming Resource Document (version 3)
- July 9, 2020: Swimming Canada Return to Swimming Framework (version 2)
- May 25, 2020: Swimming Canada Return to Swimming Framework
- April 28, 2020: Rule of Two in a Virtual Environment
- Swimming Canada COVID-19 Resource HUB
- Swimming Canada COVID-19 Dryland Best Practices
- April 2, 2020 Competition Moratorium Update
- March 18, 2020 Announcements
- March 13, 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Trials SNC Statement
SASK SPORT/TEAM SASK/SASK GAMES UPDATES
- October 21, 2020: North American Indigenous Games – Team Sask announcement
- Sept 25, 2020: Canada Games postponement announcement
- April 29, 2020: Sask Summer Games Postponed and FAQ's
- March 13, 2020: North American Indigenous Games – Team Sask announcement
INSURANCE CLARIFICATIONS RELATED TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Clubs and Coaches registered with Swim Sask have been asked to follow guidelines with respect to virtual training. These restrictions have been modified to facilitate online training for registered swimmers through the COVID-19 pandemic. The key point is that the virtual training must be led by registered coaches and all swimmers participating must be registered members. In addition, participants/parents must sign an Acknowledgment of Risk, Year-Round/Age Group Winter Clubs should have received the link from your club earlier this week.
Please see the Online Training Endorsement document from the Insurance company. If you are using a 3rd party provider then you need to ensure that this 3rd party provider has liability insurance and that the liability insurance includes that they can deliver online training. If your club is sending out dryland training for athletes to do on their own, then they need to understand that they are doing so voluntarily and that they are not covered by Sport Accident insurance in this instance. (It is no different than if they go outside and play and hurt themselves).
The insurance company has also provided some exclusions right now due to COVID-19. Please see document titled: Contagion Exclusion Endorsement.
- Online Training Endorsement (PDF-File)
- Virtual Training Acknowledgement of Risk Form: COVID-19
- Contagion Exclusion Endorsement (PDF-File)
Government of Saskatchewan
- Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan
- Public Health Orders
- Government of Saskatchewan website
- Government of Saskatchewan Support for Businesses and Workers
Government of Canada
- Government of Canada website
- Federal Government Economic Response Plan
- GOWLINGS – Financial Support for Sport Organizations During COVID-19 (Webinar)
Funding Summaries relevant to Clubs:
- Swim Sask COVID 19 Relief Funding – contact Swim Sask for further information
- Federal Gov't Covid-19 Emergency Funding – contact Swim Sask for further information
- MAP GRANT – contact Swim Sask for further information
Canada Emergency Business Account
The new Canada Emergency Business Account will provide interest-free loans of up to $40,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits, to help cover their operating costs during a period where their revenues have been temporarily reduced.
Before December 31, 2022
- 0% interest
- No principal payments
- Eligible for $10,000 forgiveness if $30,000 is fully repaid
Extended beyond December 31, 2022
- 5% interest will apply during extension period
- Loan must be repaid by December 31, 2025
- An operating company registered in Canada and in business on March 1, 2020
- An annual payroll of between $50,000 and $1 million based on 2019 T4 Summary of Remuneration Paid
This program will roll out in mid-April and interested businesses should work with their current financial institutions.
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS): CEWS Details
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB): CERB Details